Annuals & Bulbs:
- Boost flowering!! Feed, feed, feed!
- Keep soil moist, containers dry out quickly…
- Alyssum, Arctotis, Dianthus, Foxgloves, Impatiens, Petunias, Verbena and more
- Seasonal favourites Namaqualand Daisies & Sweetpea seed in store!
- Autumn is a great time to plant new roses!
- Reduce watering, twice weekly is ideal
- Boost flowering with Wonder 8:1:5 for Roses
- Rosecare 3 controls aphids, blackspot and mildew
- Autumn is ‘grass seed sowing time’
- Oversow existing seed lawns ie. ryegrass types
- Control broadleaf weeds with Efekto Hormoban and Turfweeder
- Continue to control Mole Crickets with Zero Mole Cricket.
- Keep your garden tidy! Deadhead regularly
- After the good rain, reduce watering frequency but for longer periods
- Protect conifers NOW against ‘Cypress Aphid’. Efekto Garden Ripcord or Insecticide Granules offer year round protection
- Feed outdoor containers every 2 weeks, indoor plants monthly with Multifeed
- Now is the time to sow cabbage, swiss chard, turnips, spinach, radish, onions, lettuce, beetroot, carrots, peas, broccoli, kale & broadbean.
- Herbs thrive in hot weather. Harvest regularly to promote new growth
- Protect new (and old!) plants with cutworm and snail bait
- Side dress with Wonder Organic 2:3:4 for hearty healthy produce.