Roses are a popular and favourite garden plant!
Herewith a few GREAT reasons why you should include roses in your garden:
- Roses look soft and delicate but are actually hardy, tough plants
- Roses add colour to the garden almost all year round!
- Roses are long lasting and easy to grow
- Roses picked from your own garden are simply the best – whether for friends, loved ones or the home, roses are a talking point and pride for every grower!
- There is a rose for every purpose and every garden:
- Floribunda’s are free flowering, ideal for hedges & garden shrubs
- Hybrid Tea’s produce blooms on taller stems, ideal for cut flowers
- Bloomin Easy/Paulson rose – low maintenance & low water needs
- Climber roses are fast growing and cover areas with mass colour
- Groundcover roses offer a hardy, spreading & colourful solution
- New rose varieties are largely disease resistant
- Many varieties are highly perfumed – ask our Plantland team for advice
- Roses are excellent in cottage, romantic & contemporary gardens
- They can be planted with herbs – they make excellent companion plants
- Roses make excellent container plants and a personal, special gift!
Water-wise growing advice for roses
- Water deeply, slowly & infrequently to develop stronger root systems
- Mulch between and around roses to reduce evaporation
- Opt for early morning watering: water droplets on the leaves/blooms overnight make the plant more susceptible to diseases
- Healthy plants are water-wise plants! Control diseases and feed regularly
- RoseCare 3 offers ‘3 in 1’ protection, the quick and easy way
‘Some people grumble that roses have thorns, I am grateful that thorns have roses’ Alfonso Karr
Happy Rose Gardening!